Monday, November 26, 2007

3D Ankh

When I was 20 years of age I made the disastrous mistake of joining a pseudo-religious cult where I was hypnotised and brainwashed for the next six and a half years. Their "teaching" was a hodge-podge and grab-bag of ideas taken from Buddism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hiduism, Taoism, Rudolf Steiner, Spiritualism, Gurdjieff and Ouspensky, etc. etc. etc.

Amongst this dragon's booty of stolen gems was the idea that the Egyptian Ankh seen in 2-dimensional hieroglyphs might be a 3-dimensional object composed of 3 circular rings on the 3 axes of geometric space.

During my "brainwashed years" I was encouraged to believe all manner of rubbish and nonsense but this idea of a 3D Ankh has stayed with me as a fascinating mental exercise. Google Sketchup allows me to draw the shape and rotate it around in the time axis, so here it is, with music made in VSThost and Hammerhead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home