Sunday, May 23, 2010

Real Science Fiction Compared with Costume Fantasy

Alby emailed me to disagree with my opinion that Doctor Who is a pastiche of scifi tropes and not real science fiction. I stand by what I said before.

I've been a science fiction fan throughout my life and I wouldn't describe the Doctor Who TV series as real science fiction (although some of the audio dramas might qualify).

To me it seems that saying the television version of Doctor Who is science fiction would be like saying that a Roman toga costume party is an actual colony of Imperial Rome.

Still, that's only my opinion.

Anyway, not wanting to get dragged into endless re-hashing of TV when there are so many more interesting artforms to consider I must move onward, 'Yay, yippity yonder and away!!!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home