Thursday, April 28, 2011

Paintings A B C D E - Optimised for 3D Glasses

These are the first 5 Paintings from the "alphabet series" of video paintings which I've been working on for the past few years. I began my YouTube video sharing with the idea of making videos which are like paintings. I brought to video the same sort of approach I employ as a painter, working into the surface over and over, changing details until it feels finished. So continuing with this process here are the first 5 alphabet paintings - now optimised for 3D Glasses.

Originally these videos were created in a lower resolution and became seriously pixilated. I enjoyed some of the pixilation effects as they are part of the construction of video itself, as an object. In these new versions, however, a higher resolution has been achieved.

This is all experimental work. Not to be thought of as in a final form yet.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home